top of page
Professional Development Committee
The SWE Professional Development Committee works in conjunction with NSBE, SHPE, and the Engineering Career Center to form the Career Fair Committee (CFC). Being part of the CFC provides very valuable skill development and promotes the utilization of cooperation amongst different organizations and the Engineering Career Center. The committee works together to plan and execute the UH Engineering Career Fair in both the Fall and Spring Semester. In addition, the committee works closely with the Engineering Career Center to provide and execute professional development workshops throughout the year.
WANT TO HELP PLAN AND ENSURE THAT STUDENTS GAIN THE MOST OUT OF CAREER FAIRS AND WORKSHOPS? JOIN THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ON THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE?
You will be directly responsible for, but not limited to:
- Attending Career Fair Committee meetings
- Coordinating volunteers for career fairs
- Attending events held by the Engineering Career Center (Resume Cafe, Mock Interviews, etc.)
- Planning and executing pre-career fair networking social
- Planning and executing information sessions for platinum sponsors
- Planning and executing the Engineering Career Fair
CONTACT THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CHAIR FOR MORE INFORMATION AT PROFESSIONALDEVELOPMENT.SWE.UH@GMAIL.COM
bottom of page